Monday, January 24, 2011

What is normal sex and what does normal sex mean?

I recently got the below comment:

"Momma Elle, I work is a job where I talk (very publicly) to parents and professionals about sex abuse issues, but interestingly enough the topic often turns to "normal" sexual interactions.

There SO much NEED and want for what is normal.

People are getting an extremely convoluted idea of what sex is or should be and try to live up to unrealistic expectations.

What I've learned is that men are only taught how to satisfy themselves, and don't understand that sometimes it takes a LOT more than just intercourse for a woman to climax which proves frustrating for both.

And on the flip side of that, women are not taught that they should be satisfied and climax during each sexual interaction. Which is a shame, because women can achieve the rare gift of multiple orgasms and they don't even know it.

I wish more women would insist on sexual encounters that provide orgasm for both partners and I wish more men would take the time to learn how to make a woman climax.

Just think how many relationships may be saved by understanding those very simple things.

Thank you for page and insights. Keep those discussions going!"
-------------------

Response from Momma Elle: Again, I really appreciate the above insight that was sent to me completely anonymously through my 'Send QUESTION' tab.

SEX: What is normal and what does normal mean?

I am going to say that normal sex, is most any kind of sex that people engage in 'where all partners agree to the acts'.

Sooooo that opens up a lot of territory!

Is gay sex normal? YES!

Is lesbian sex normal? YES!

Is three-way sex normal? YES!

Is an orgie normal? YES!

Is always missionary-style straight sex normal? YES!

Is straight sex on your washing machine normal? YES!

Is oral sex normal? YES!

Is anal sex normal? YES!

Is sex with children normal? NO! NO! NO! They cannot agree unless they are of a certain age and that age is defined by law. So I am going to say that there are some sex acts that are not normal and I really don't think we need to go there.

Now that we got that cleared up, let's move on....

My idea of normal sex is different from neighbor’s idea of normal sex. Please do not compare your sex life to another person's sex life. If you are sexually satisfied AND your partner is sexually satisfied, then you are having a HAPPY sex life!

If you are not happy and satisfied with your sex life, then it is important to do some soul searching.

Start by asking these questions to yourself:

What am I actually unhappy about?
Frequency of sexual encounters? Lack of variety in sex acts?
Satisfaction is lacking? Boredom setting in? No sex?
(see my discussion post on masturbation).

If I could have any sexual encounter right now, what would I want it to be like? Where would I want it to be? Who would I want it to be with?

Remember sex is all about relationships, nearly 100% that way for females, if you are female and unhappy with your sexual relationship, you might be unhappy with your relationship all together.

For most, a great sexual relationship starts with a great relationship. It is important to feel safe and cared for no matter what sex you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment